Jockey Journal Forum banner

New Paughco exhaust on rigid. Keep or make custom?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  hdshovel82 
#1 ·
Got some pipes today. They are Paughco from J&P. I had to get something, cause the crack pipes I slapped on the bike to get it riding aren't cutting it anymore. Picked out a nice squish pipe set but unfortunately the rear pipe is hitting my oil tank. So I have to change/modify tank or just make some custom pipes. Do they make a smaller horseshoe tank? Dont want to get crazy changing stuff, just want to get in the wind!

See less See more
#4 ·
I had the same problem with a similar pair of Paughco pipes on my Panhead. They mention they fit stock frame, etc., but they don't mention the oil tank. I think they're made if you're using a custom, round oil tank like the pictures in their catalog. I was able to mount my rear pipe, but couldn't install the oil lines. I had a section of the pipe cut out and then brought it out some to clear the lines. I also had trouble with the squish pipe as well, but that wasn't too bad.

#5 ·
is that an e start oil tank??they stick out an inch on each side of the frame.i bought one with out knowing.sold it cause i didnt like it sticking out and used the stock 58 one.it sweated out oil under pressure so i replaced w/ a paughco one.fit fine same pipes.like said before tank can be moved back or dimple the pipe.

#6 · (Edited)
Not sure what type/brand oil tank I have. It came on the roller. What is E Start? Electric start? Why would that change the tank size? I will look into moving it back tomorrow morning. I thought of a dimple in the pipe, but I would hate to crack the chrome on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.