Jockey Journal Forum banner

Detroit Dorals Park Velodrome?

43K views 121 replies 79 participants last post by  SuperP 
#1 ·
A friend just linked me to this article about how some enterprising Detroiters are reusing an abandoned bicycle track for motorcycle racing.

This seems like the kind of two-wheeled hoonage I envision JJ'ers getting up to. This is going on in a public park, so I don't expect you to confess, but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it.

-Dave

#38 ·
Re: The Abandoned Detroit VELODROME

While this isn't Velodrome or race track related, it ties into the blight of Detroit and how there are passionate folks that live there trying to reverse it all.

Burn Documentary

Hope this isn't considered a thread jack; just felt compelled to share it after reading about the Velodrome.

-Screws

#39 ·

So very fucking cool! Some "community" action and a "Save the Dorais Park Velodrome/Speedway" could be in order. That would be like a mini DIS (Daytona International Speedway). TK.

#40 ·

So very fucking cool! Some "community" action and a "Save the Dorais Park Velodrome/Speedway" could be in order. That would be like a mini DIS (Daytona International Speedway). TK.
Seems to me "going legit" would just cause problems. Until the venue is threatened, I'd leave well enough alone.

-Dave

#43 ·

tyler, ya might check out your state fair grounds. i was a founder of f.c.m.a. here in mo, i got hooked up with the guy that oversaw the fair grounds and we worked out a deal to rent a section of it in the spring and fall, for feild events and dirt drags, cheep. those places sit empty most of the year and any monies they can colect off of them only makes them look better! i dont know if they would have what your lookin for but it might be worth a look, d.

#65 ·

hay guys i found this thread over on the H.A.M.B. i'v sent a pm to one of the guys asking to coppy a coupla movies to bring over here but in the mean time ya might check it out over there, little d.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362482

#67 ·

:eek::eek:Stayed off Ryan rd. with grandparents as a kid and peddled my stingray around that with some pales often:).... Looks to have taken a @ss kicken since though! Smoked my first cig. off the top of one of those turns , also ya could launch pretty good with a ramp facing to the inside on the turns so ya land on lower in field;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.