Jockey Journal Forum banner

Jay Leno's Garage: 1931 Henderson KJ Police Special

6K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  asiantony 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Really like all the cool stuff in his collection.

Would have to say, would much rather see 1 person with 1 bike,car etc than to have a collector wtih more than they can ever use. Think we would see alot more stuff out and about than we do now.
i hear ya but it takes DEEP pockets to buy,maintain,resurrect and store that old iron. i'm afraid that without the collectors much of this stuff would be scrapped or stay in obscurity.

#13 ·
Awesome Machine. Leno is a hell of a mechanic for real, and has the largest running collection of early steam powered Stanleys. He has some really cool stuff. And he uses it. Has a few full time wrenches working on his collection. How would you like to have that job?

G
#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Speaking of the Stanley Steamer's...

This story was told to me by my father...

Growing up at the turn of the century, He was there...
He said that the Company has a Add out for a brave soul to run there car at full throttle...They would give whoever did this one of their cars...Free....

Take the nerve of a Yard Dog to achieve that goal....:eek:

Yeah Buddy...It would be like driving a stick of Dynamite....

Bet Jay didn't go WOT..... Instance Hair Cut..:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G
#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Who remembers the Late Great "Steve McQueen"...??

He had a passion for old Scoots (And Cars) as well....
Had the change to buy up alot of them....This didn't go all that well with the Calif. boys in line to get some....The guy with the deepest pockets seems to always get what they are after....

That didn't make him a Bad Guy....Just made him fortunate to have the means to preserve and give the care and love for keeping alive these relics of the past...:cool:

There are many Famous People that shared the Love of "Wind in the Hair" (And Bugs on their Teeth)

http://artofmanliness.com/2011/04/10/famous-men-and-their-motorcyles/

Check out the Buddy Holly (And the Crickets) story......
That will get your Goat...!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

#21 ·
That is what I like about collectors like Leno. It is the guys who hoard stuff to let it rot, or the ones who buy up all the cool shit, let it sit unused in their colelctions that piss me off. If Leno buys something, he's damn well gonna use it. I say Bravo to him for doign what we'd all do if we were in his shoes.

I mean, am I jealous of him? YOU BET I AM! Go Jay!

G
#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.