Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#428 ·
This is sad news. His knowledge is respected by me and I'm sure many others. Whenever I will be visiting fsu (tallahassee) it will be different now.

#429 ·
I haven't been on JJ in longer than I realized, just found out about Dragon.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Doug's opinions, he was a tremendous wealth of information. I have appreciated his wit and wisdom through the years. Dragon definitely helped many of my projects through passing his wisdom along. He will continue to live on through every project he advised on, and everyone who reads his input, carrying it onward.

Dragon was definitely a pillar in our community, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. His passing marks the end of an era. May he rest in peace.

#432 ·
Fuck this is shit, I never had one issue with the guy, although I enjoyed watching him slap down a many noob for stupid shit. As far as I can tell, he is somewhere thinking back about the Chewbacca Seat thead and laughing his ass off, as I do, every time I think about it!!

#436 ·
wow! When I joined,he sent me a message,saying he liked the event coverage I did on the HAMB,and was looking forward to some good threads,then busted my balls over what didn't belong on here,after my first thread,hahaha! He was THE watchdog...RIP dragon

#437 ·
Wow!, haven't visited the JJ in quite a few Months, and the Dragon is gone!, my condolences for his friends, and loved ones. I had several long distance dealings with him in the past few years, he was a square dealer and a great source of information, my own brush with mortality recently has made me reconsider many of my goals, Doug Drake sat quite an example for us. He shall be missed!

#447 ·
My tragic triumph project is well documented on this site. I have since been married, moved and life, as I take it for granted, moves forward. I came BACK to this site because of what Dragon had provided me during the tear down. I just looked to my wife and said: "I guess I hoped Dragon would help me through this.."

Damn dude....your going to be missed. I'm going to keep all the info you shared with me. Thanks. Rest in peace.

#453 ·
My tragic triumph project is well documented on this site. I have since been married, moved and life, as I take it for granted, moves forward. I came BACK to this site because of what Dragon had provided me during the tear down. I just looked to my wife and said: "I guess I hoped Dragon would help me through this.."

Damn dude....your going to be missed. I'm going to keep all the info you shared with me. Thanks. Rest in peace.
Don't keep the info, pass it on like Dragon did. That's the way he would have wanted it, and the best way to keep his spirit alive.

This year has been a little less interesting without Doug, in many ways. I'll always remember his pokes and prods, as well as all the help he freely gave so many of us.