Jockey Journal Forum banner

THE ART-DECO BIKE..but seriously!

51K views 320 replies 73 participants last post by  super rat 
#1 ·
so i wasnt gonna do a build thread on this bike,and maybe i shouldnt cuz i cant seem to load pics.but im thinkin its gonna turn out kinda cool.it will probably be the last "custom" bike im gonna build for a long time cuz i got my brain obsessed with building bonneville racers for the fore-see-able future.ill try get pics to load

#6 ·

so this stainless splitter i made for another project,but it shows what i got to make for the center..these things are kinda hard to make cuz when you cut the tubing you have to have each side "indexed" the exactly the same so the "v" shape is the exact same side to side if that makes any sense..sorry about all the quotation marks

#12 ·
Looking forward to another great Rat build. When I started my first bike I was heavy inspired by art deco panhead in 1998 easyrider best 300. It had great metal fabrication with perforated metal and ribs that ran down the tank and fender. It also had switchable painted tank panels, it was an interesting concept that your tank reminded me of.

#18 ·
thank you everyone! im flattered!..guess i should wonder if i should do a build thread or not.
this bike should go together in a hurry,only downside is as usual my bank account is pretty much empty,so im gonna have to scrounge around upstairs and find all the little things i need,other than that i'll just have to try n make everything, and thats kinda time consuming.luckily i had most the stainless for the exhaust from leftovers from some customer builds..ok i shut up n post pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.